Fri, 22 August 2014
- The UKPod14 conference was a great success and the keynote speaker was Jason Van Orden from Internet Business Mastery.
- This podcast is unlikely to be found on iTunes until we receive more 5 star reviews. If you enjoy the show please help out by submitting a review. This video explains how it is done.
- You can now subscribe to this show on TuneIn. Click here
- Deep Nishar resigns, read his announcement here
- Published posts get a makeover, see this example
- New free LinkedIn feature alerts service launched. Register
- What are you doing when you listen to the show? Darrel Griffin is doing his ironing!
- Tune in next week to hear the full story of the LinkedIn sex pest!
- Question: Why do people view profiles anonymously?
Direct download: LinkedInformed_029.m4a
-- posted at: 9:23pm UTC
Fri, 15 August 2014
Could this the beginning of the end of personalised invitations? Watch the video below to see what happened when inviting from a newly created profile
Introductions. It is long longer possible to send introductions to 3rd tier connections. This was spotted by Andy Lopata and covered in this post
LinkedIn acquire Bizo - See official announcement here
This article takes a look at what the Bizo acquisition might mean to us.
Here is the Business Insider article showing the (alleged) leaked memo from Linkedin
Groups all too often come in for a bad press. In reality there are plenty of fantastic groups that offer an amazing opportunity to engage with and gain invaluable information from your prospects.
Here is a link to Carl Whalley's Google Android Group
Have your say. I would really value your contribution to the podcast. Please click on the voicemail link on the right edge of this page to leave your questions or comments or ping me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening
PS An iTunes review wouldn't go a miss! ;-)
Direct download: LinkedInformed_028.m4a
-- posted at: 5:44pm UTC
Fri, 8 August 2014
Not much happened this week other than LinkedIn getting stung for $6m for a labour violation regarding unpaid wages. The BBC article is here
Pay it Forward
How can I save Pulse articles to read later?
My solution is to use Evernote and their amazing web clipper but you can also use Pocket
New course for job seekers coming out soon on Udemy
If you have any suggestions for people I could interview or topics you want me to cover then please feel free to leave a voicemail at the link on the right or drop me an email to email@example.com
Thanks for listening.
Direct download: LinkedInformed_027.m4a
-- posted at: 6:36pm UTC
Sat, 2 August 2014
- LinkedIn delivers encouraging Q2 financial results
- 313 million members
- 84m unique visitors
- 25bn page views (down 1bn from 1st qtr)
- $534m revenue - 47% year on year increase
- Talent Solutions makes up $322m of this - 49% increase
- Marketing $106m - 44% increase
- Premium Accounts - $105m - 44% increase
- See full report here
- LinkedIn acquires Newsle
- The new look LinkedIn mobile app
- Updates of previous news items
- Zapier has delivered some useful results but is a little complicated to set up
- New Galene search seems to have settled down and is now delivering very similar results to before
- Tip of the week. Be aware of 3rd party apps that undertake actions on your account that are outside of the LinkedIn User Agreement. Take responsibility for your own actions on LinkedIn, it's you that will get suspended!
- Question. What do I have to do to get my profile from 'expert' strength to 'All Star'. Answer = Get more connections. You need a minimum of 50 (aim for min 100) and have had at least 2 previous positions in your employment section. The bigger question is: Does it matter? Answer = Not really! The difference between 'Expert' and 'All Star' in search results appears to be minimal.
- LinkedIn Contacts Now Integrate With Your Inbox. Read my post here
Direct download: LinkedInformed_026.m4a
-- posted at: 7:07am UTC
Sat, 19 July 2014
News - Custom profile backgrounds are now being rolled out to non premium users
Andy's LinkedIn profile
Andy on Twitter
Andy's Google Plus profile
If you have any comments or questions please write to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at the link at the right hand edge of this page.
Direct download: LinkedInformed_025.m4a
-- posted at: 12:25pm UTC
Fri, 11 July 2014
LinkedIn update their Contacts app and rename it Connected, the blog announcing this can be read here (screenshots at LinkedInformed.com)
Why not give one of these a try and let me know how you get on by leaving a message on the voicemail (see the black mic on the right edge of this page). You can also ask me a question by voicemail or by email to email@example.com.
Direct download: LinkedInformed_024.m4a
-- posted at: 7:38am UTC
Fri, 4 July 2014
- You can now unsubscribe from published post notifications (see below)
Click below to watch Jeff Weiner's excellent interview at a recent conference.
This is the best (funniest anyway) profile I have ever seen! Click on the image to view the full profile on LinkedIn.
Direct download: Linkedinformed_023.m4a
-- posted at: 7:24pm UTC
Sat, 28 June 2014
(links are in black)
Direct download: LinkedInformed_022.m4a
-- posted at: 1:22pm UTC
Sat, 21 June 2014
There are more than 1500 of them!
I solve this >>>>>> but can you solve the mystery of where and when you appeared on CBS, Fox NBC and abc?!
If you are struggling to get going with LinkedIn you might want to consider the 3 Day Start tutorial. 14 videos and 3 hrs of informative and engaging content. Use the discount code LinkedInformed to receive a 25% discount.
If a more tailored approach is your thing then I can offer you a one to one coaching/consulting service. Click here for more information.
Direct download: LinkedInformed_021.m4a
-- posted at: 7:56am UTC
Sat, 14 June 2014
- LinkedIn publisher posts and the potential for Google SEO issues?
- Activity history lets you see their number of followers (close to connections number)
What will LinkedIn's new app be? Send your guesses by voicemail (see link on right of this page) or email me.
The Great LinkedIn SEO SCAM blog
Question. Should updates ever be of a personal nature?
Send your questions via voicemail using the link on the right.
Direct download: LinkedInformed_020.m4a
-- posted at: 12:33pm UTC
Sat, 7 June 2014
My profile showing the new background plus the incentive to upgrade (even though this will be available to all eventually).
This also shows how you can view someone's recent activity.
Click on the image for more information
- Viewing previous activity returns...yayy! (see above)
- New custom profile backgrounds (see above) click here for early access as a free user
- LinkedIn close down their own group managers group
- New Spotlight premium plan soon to arrive (see below)
- New suggested keywords feature for premium users
- We Can Do Better Than LinkedIn. Jon Nathanson's (below) article
What do you think?
Please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to have your say on the show?
Click on the black 'send voicemail' link on the right side of this page. This allows you to record a short message or question which I can play on the show!
If you like the podcast please spread the word. Here is how you can;
- Post a link to this page as a status update on LinkedIn
- Post a link to this page on Twitter with #linkedin and @mr_linkedin
- Review the show on iTunes or Stitcher (this massively helps and would be most appreciated)
Direct download: LinkedInformed_019.m4a
-- posted at: 7:28am UTC
Fri, 30 May 2014
Magnus the puppy just gets more and more popular! 72,000 views as you can see below;
Click on the picture above to view the update
Direct download: LinkedInformed_018.m4a
-- posted at: 4:52pm UTC
Sun, 25 May 2014
- LinkedIn improve the 'Who's viewed your profile' feature. Here is a link to article I published on this.
- Here is a link to the 'Don't invite from a mobile app' status update I posted with the subsequent comments/discussion.
- Max's cute doggy post (see below)
Click on the picture to view the comments
I hope you enjoyed this episode. It would really help to spread the word if you could just take a minute and give us a ranking on iTunes....many thanks
Want to kickstart your LinkedIn account? Click below for more information;
Direct download: LinkedInformed_017.m4a
-- posted at: 7:29am UTC
Fri, 16 May 2014
- Recruitment Juice - Fast & effective online learning for recruiters.
- The below picture was produced (in seconds) using the Word Swag app
This is a screenshot of the post's data in 'Who's viewed your updates'
Please get in touch if you have any questions or comments. You can email me directly at email@example.com or you can leave a voice message by clicking on link you will see on the right hand edge of this page.
Direct download: LinkedInformed_016.m4a
-- posted at: 9:10pm UTC
Sat, 10 May 2014
LinkedIn Stock price takes a tumble after they announce Q1 results
(Links in black)
The 3 Day Start Programme - 30% discount for LinkedInformed listeners, just enter the code 'linkedinformed' at checkout.
My blog article about the Cardmunch invitation workflow (which now doesn't work!)
LinkedIn announcement about Evernote & Cardmunch
LinkedIn's Q1 results
Direct download: LinkedInformed_015.m4a
-- posted at: 11:11am UTC
Sun, 4 May 2014
A break from the normal format this week as the whole episode is dedicated to chatting with Jo Saunders about LinkedIn groups.
As always, if its in black - its a link!
Direct download: LinkedInformed_014.m4a
-- posted at: 7:29am UTC
Mon, 28 April 2014
- CRM providers experience a 'freeze out' from the LinkedIn API - read more here
- Advertising partners and content partners get preferred API access - article
- Photosharing now available on iPhone app - article
Does it really matter? Its almost impossible to keep on top of profile optimisation but everyone should ensure that important keywords are found in the following sections;
- Job title
- Company name (edit display name)
Most importantly you should build a strong network so that most people that might search for you are at least a 2nd tier connection.
Find old school or college mates by searching the Alumni section
What is a 'view' of an update on LinkedIn
Direct download: LinkedInformed_013.m4a
-- posted at: 5:54am UTC
Sat, 19 April 2014
In this weeks episode I cover the following;
(links are in black)
LinkedIn Reaches 300 million members, you can view the infographic here
Endorsements can now be switched off - hooray!
RIP LinkedIn polls - announcement here
My newly released 3 Day Start video tutorial, click on the picture below for more information.
Direct download: LinkedInformed_012.m4a
-- posted at: 6:23pm UTC
Sat, 12 April 2014
LinkedIn's feline April fools joke. Read the article here
LinkedIn’s Moderation Process for Groups - Overview
New layout for Groups - read article here
Heartbleed Bug - informative article on the subject here and this cartoon explains it in a less 'techie' way.
I use 1Password to avoid issues with passwords. Due to the Heartbleed problem they are offering their product at a 50% discount! Clickhere for more information
The video below was made using Videoscribe. Highly recommended
You can register your interest in the 3 Day Start programme here
The LinkedIn publishing platform. Apply for early access here
- How I view my previous updates?
- What is the WeChat link?
Direct download: LinkedInformed_011.m4a
-- posted at: 12:36pm UTC
Fri, 4 April 2014
The main topic in this weeks show is premium accounts. Should you pay to use LinkedIn or can you get by as a free user?
I discuss many of the pro's and cons and would welcome any feedback or comments you have on this subject. Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the notes and links (in black)
- Who's viewed your updates - summary (All) view
Click on the < highlighted above to see this view from your home page
- On, Off, or Around the Clock: When LinkedIn Members Read Professionally-Relevant Content on the Web. Read the article here
- Please stop those annoying puzzles! below is the picture that accompanied my update
- Link to article about 'Sell Hack' LInkedIn email plugin
- You can register your interest in my new LinkedIn 3 Day Start Programme here
Direct download: LinkedInformed_010.m4a
-- posted at: 11:01pm UTC
Sat, 29 March 2014
- False alarm over a change to LinkedIn Contacts - phew!
- 'In The News' feature. Inspired by this article
This was a very busy week involving running webinars and workshops together with being asked to speak at a networking event attended mainly by small business owners.
The 3 Day Start programme at 3daystart.in - register your interest prior to launch
- How do I advertise a job opening without a paid account?
- How do I reflect a promotion in my profile, even though the tasks are primarily the same?
Direct download: 009_.m4a
-- posted at: 2:39pm UTC
Sat, 22 March 2014
Direct download: LinkedInformed_008.m4a
-- posted at: 2:08pm UTC
Sat, 15 March 2014
According to the worlds leading expert on podcasting, 90% of podcasts don't make it past 7 episodes.....so I'm treading very carefully between now and the next episode!
Covered this week (links in black);
Status updating can be effective.
Direct download: LinkedInformed_7.m4a
-- posted at: 10:08am UTC
Fri, 7 March 2014
As from this episode the show will now be broadcast weekly.
Topics covered and relevant links as follows;
3rd tier connections can no longer be saved to LinkedIn contacts.
The Blazek Scandal. Link to the CNN article as well as an article I wrote for The Drum.com about this story.
Status Updating Effectively. Links to Feedly, Pulse and Buffer
How do I connect with someone I don't know?
How do you connect with a 3rd tier connection?
LinkedInformed e-book (free download)
Please send me your comments and questions to email@example.com
Direct download: Episode_006_The_Blazek_Scandal.m4a
-- posted at: 6:38pm UTC
Sun, 2 March 2014
This week I chatted with Sam about network building strategies
- Member Blocking - Help center link
- The new 'Who's viewed your profile' - watch my short video here
- LinkedInformed book - Download for FREE here
As always I would really appreciate your feedback and questions, just drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct download: Linkedinformed_005_Network_Building.m4a
-- posted at: 7:19pm UTC
Sat, 1 February 2014
Direct download: Linkedinformed_004A.m4a
-- posted at: 4:44pm UTC
Tue, 21 January 2014
I'm really excited about 2014 and look forward to producing many more episodes, in this first one of the new year I cover the following topics (black font indicates a link) ;
- LinkedIn sues spammers
- Activity feed is disabled (LinkedIn's official announcement)
- Could group messaging be the next to go?
- LinkedIn Tip - How to prevent your competitors from appearing on your profile
- Clearing your browsers cache & cookies. Instructions on all the 4 main browsers for windows and Mac can be found here.
- Preview of next episode. What is your connection strategy? Let us know your thoughts and experiences before the next episode when this subject will be discussed in depth.
Direct download: LinkedInformed_003.m4a
-- posted at: 7:28am UTC
Tue, 10 December 2013
In this episode we cover the following;
- Review of feedback from the first episode
- Should I announce that I am looking for a job in my profile?
- Should I reveal who I am connected to? Tutorial
- Interview with Robin Hills
Direct download: LinkedInformed_002.m4a
-- posted at: 9:10am UTC