Sat, 11 June 2016
LinkedIn : Too many to-do’s to do
Very interesting document outlining why LinkedIn are a bad investment from an Equity Research firm. Here are their main 5 reasons;
(1) Lack of key functionality in its flagship Voyager app.
(2) Relevance of proposed job openings or “Sponsored Updates” hasn’t improved.
(3) A slow ramp to get the right content on lynda.com to make it more attractive to Enterprises.
(4) High penetration of Hiring Solutions – translating into slowing growth in FY16.
(5) The technical immaturity of Sales Navigator.
• New company pages will provide salary data and allow for anonymous employee reviews (similar to Glassdoor). This could provide LinkedIn with a "Tricky balance” to find as many of these organisations are their biggest clients!
• The SMB Recruiter product will be slow growth and likely to have a high cost of sales.
• 20% of LinkedIn members are students.
• Advertising solutions will be opening up their API to third-party operators.
• New members are less engaged.
• Less than 2% of members upgrade to a premium account.
• New Company Page insights.
• More information on job postings.
Other interesting stuff I saw this week
• Is LinkedIn disconnecting us?
• Contrary to rumours LinkedIn has not removed the connections download feature.
• Some people are reporting a 403 error which may be due to LinkedIn being hyper sensitive
about suspicious activity following the recent sale of passwords. It may be good advice to
reduce activity in the short term until things die down.
• The return of the Galek! The interview with our beloved infamous swimwear entrepreneur!
• Exaggerated LinkedIn profile question.