Welcome to episode 95 and more importantly welcome to 2016!
A quick review of the main events of 2015
- The biggest story of the year involved Barrister Charlotte Proudman rebuking a senior solicitor for complimenting her on her LinkedIn profile picture. This story went global and is still being debated by many people today. <pic of Charlotte>
- 2015 was the year when ordinary LinkedIn users really took to publishing posts.
- LinkedIn made a significant attempt to improve groups, upsetting many users, especially group managers in the process
We are now in season 2 of my other podcast which focusses on social selling and business development on LinkedIn. On Tuesday we will be releasing episode 3 which is an interview with Christoph Trappe, a storytelling expert as part of our focus on content marketing.
Why not subscribe to the show on iTunes or go to Winbusinessin to listen to the first 2 episodes?
Here are 5 things you can do this year to make 2016 your best LinkedIn year ever!
- Refresh your profile.
- Perhaps now is a good time to get a new profile picture
- Revamp your headline. The new mobile only initially shows the first 68 characters of your headline so consider updating it.
- Update your summary to express your goals for 2016, this is a great way to show people that you are actively using LinkedIn.
- Produce more content.
- Commit to writing more content, either LinkedIn posts or blogs on your own website.
- Consider producing video content, I am focussing on developing my Youtube channel this year.
- Perhaps this year could be the time to start producing radio content? If you want to start your own podcast I can highly recommend this free tutorial series.
- Engage more with updates on your homepage.
- Take more notice of your home page stream
- Look for opportunities to comment
- Try to comment rather than ‘like’
- Cull your connections!
- Take a look at your list of connections and disconnect from this that are no longer relevant and hide the updates those who post irrelevant content.
- Disconnecting is easy, simply click on the link as shown below on their profile. They will not be notified.
- Get out more!
- Make the effort to go and meet some of your connections. If you have developed a relationship online, why not take it to the next level by arranging to meet them in person.
- Take a look at what conferences or networking events you can attend this year and use the opportunity to grow your network.